Tips for caring for your washing machine
- Regularly use a washing cycle with a temperature of at least 60°C, or run the appliance hygiene main programme
- Use powder laundry detergent at least once a fortnight (approx.).
- This contains bleaching agents (disinfecting) that achieve their full effect at temperatures of 60°C or higher
- Remove washing as soon as possible after the programme ends
- Clean and dry the rubber around the door, the glass and detergent dispenser drawer with a damp cloth at the end of your laundry day
- Leave the appliance door and detergent dispenser drawer open between laundry days
- Use the recommended amount of detergent
- Clean the foreign body trap every four months
- Use washing machine cleaner if needed
- For hard water (>15°dH or >27°fH) use water softener
- Follow the universal rules of housekeeping
Guide for your dishwasher
The unassuming appliance is operated 280 times a year in the average Swiss household. This means plenty of opportunities to wash up correctly or incorrectly. Plastic items tend to discolour when used with foods containing colouring, such as tomato juice. Cauliflower can cause dark tarnish spots on cutlery and hydrogenated fats in beer glasses prevent proper foam formation. And what about wine glasses? They can be clouded by corrosion and the accumulation of limescale. However, the answer to this is to choose and use your dishwasher correctly.
This guide is intended to help you.